say smthin im bored
hello long time no talk about books or recommendations so lets see
" How much do we know about why we buy? What truly influences our decisions in today’s message-cluttered world? An eye-grabbing advertisement, a catchy slogan, an infectious jingle? Or do our buying decisions take place below the surface, so deep within our subconscious minds, we’re barely aware of them? "
this book is interesting generally and a light read , it’s interesting how successful marketing is way more complicated than we think , this book reveal the deep connection between marketing and neuroscience ( human behavior) what influence our decision ? how successful marketing works on the brain ? why smokers continue to smoke even though the warnings are already written on the cigarette package and lots more ~ an interesting and light read for fan of neuroscience
"Ella Rubenstein is forty years old and unhappily married when she takes a job as a reader for a literary agent. Her first assignment is to read and report on Sweet Blasphemy, a novel written by a man named Aziz Zahara. Ella is mesmerized by his tale of Shams’s search for Rumi and the dervish’s role in transforming the successful but unhappy cleric into a committed mystic, passionate poet, and advocate of love. She is also taken with Shams’s lessons, or rules, that offer insight into an ancient philosophy based on the unity of all people and religions, and the presence of love in each and every one of us. As she reads on, she realizes that Rumi’s story mirrors her own and that Zahara—like Shams—has come to set her free “
i can’t tell you how this novel influenced me enormously ! it’s one of my favorite novels of all time that made me dig deeply into Sufism and let me tell you why :
*the characters are just well structured , the author let u be inside every character , you can feel , relate to them and even be influenced by them and understand them .
*the story is written in a way that makes you travel to both past and present and connect both together , it’s a historical story within a story , full of adventure , wisdom , romance and tragedy
* the language of this book is simple yet mesmerizing , i read it in english and i heard lots of good reviews on the arabic translation of the book by khalid aljubaili
this novel was a very spiritual journey indeed that got my attention and influenced me to read more about the historical figures , i was very fascinated by shams’s character , his wit , his patience and his philosophy about life and people that made me think deeply about my own , every character in this book has its own unique identity that teach you something . the attention to details in this book is i think what made it so great and memorable ~ this book should be read by anyone who’s looking for deeply emotional and entertaining journey
“The Art of Seduction is a masterful synthesis of the work of thinkers such as Freud, Ovid, Kierkegaard, and Einstein, as well as the achievements of the greatest seducers throughout history. From Cleopatra to John F. Kennedy, from Andy Warhol to Josephine Bonaparte, The Art of Seduction gets to the heart of the character of the seducer and his or her tactics, triumphs and failures. The seducer’s many faces include: the Siren, the Rake, the Ideal Lover, the Dandy, the Natural, the Coquette, the Charmer, and the Charismatic. Twenty-four maneuvers will guide readers through the seduction process, providing cunning, amoral instructions for and analysis of this fascinating, all-pervasive form of power. Just as beautifully packaged and every bit as essential as The 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction is an indispensable primer of persuasion and offers the best lessons on how to take what you want from whomever you want or how to prevent yourself from being taken ”
last but not least is the art of seduction,one of the greatest psychology ( self help) books i have read in a while ,this book is a huge eye opener .
it gives a wide view of the different main types of seducer with many examples through out the history
it’s entertaining yet kinda too detailed when it comes to the story behind every character , not only does the author talk about Seducer but anti seducers as well which was my favorite part , was very brief and to the point . i think everyone should read this book , it gives you a great understanding of human nature and a very great read if you know what to read and what to skip .
now that im done feel free to post your favorite\most influencial books you read this year ~ and happy eid to you all <3
- 1. Would you have sex with the last person you text messaged?
- 2. You talked to an ex today, correct?
- 3. Have you taken someones virginity?
- 4. Is trust a big issue for you?
- 5. Did you hang out with the person you like recently?
- 6. What are you excited for?
- 7. What happened tonight?
- 8. Do you think it’s disgusting when girls get really wasted?
- 9. Is confidence cute?
- 10. What is the last beverage you had?
- 11. How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
- 12. Do you own a pair of skinny jeans?
- 13. What are you gonna do Saturday night?
- 14. What are you going to spend money on next?
- 15. Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
- 16. Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
- 17. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
- 18. The last time you felt broken?
- 19. Have you had sex today?
- 20. Are you starting to realize anything?
- 21. Are you in a good mood?
- 22. Would you ever want to swim with sharks?
- 23. Are your eyes the same color as your dad’s?
- 24. What do you want right this second?
- 25. What would you say if the person you love/like kissed another girl/boy?
- 26. Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
- 27. Would you be able to date someone who doesn’t make you laugh?
- 28. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
- 29. Do you really, truly miss someone right now?
- 30. Does everyone deserve a second chance?
- 31. Honestly, do you hate the last boy you were talking to?
- 32. Does the person you have feelings for right now, know you do?
- 33. Are you one of those people who never drinks soda?
- 34. Listening to?
- 35. Do you ever write in pencil anymore?
- 36. Do you know where the last person you kissed is?
- 37. Do you believe in love at first sight?
- 38. Who did you last call?
- 39. Who was the last person you danced with?
- 40. Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
- 41. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
- 42. Did you hug/kiss one of your parents today?
- 43. Ever embarrass yourself in front of a crush?
- 44. Do you tan in the nude?
- 45. If you could, would you take back your last kiss?
- 46. Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night?
- 47. Who was the last person to call you?
- 48. Do you sing in the shower?
- 49. Do you dance in the car?
- 50. Ever used a bow and arrow?
- I'll answer whatever you ask guys